BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

EG Community,

I've created an updated version of the "EGP Search Tool", which allows you to search the contents of your EGP files on your local file system.  Read about it here:

How to search your SAS Enterprise Guide projects (2013 version) - The SAS Dummy

This version is an improvement (I hope!) over the one I released last year as an automation example.  The new version supports searching subfolders, and includes a version for EG 5.1 as well as 4.3.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/files/2013/01/egpsearch2.png

Give it a try and let me know what you think -- post back here or (better) add comments to the blog post.

Enjoy,

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
5 REPLIES 5
Slash
Quartz | Level 8

This tool is very useful!

SNLFAM1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Chris,

Thank you for this tool!  It is a time (life) saver.

I am curious why there is not a feature to search an EG project from within EG?  Not across projects, but within a single project.  Edit>>Find works well within a single object, but EG projects are often multiple objects in multiple process flows.  It would be nice to have an "entire process flow FIND" or even an "entire EG project FIND".  Does this exist, or do you know if they are working on this?

Shaun L.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Shaun,

Thanks for the comments.  Yes, the dev team is working on this, and targeting for the next release of EG later this year.  I think for the initial feature, it will be a search just within the active project...just as you describe.

Look for more details in the coming months.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
kconnors
Obsidian | Level 7

Chris,

Was this feature ever added to EG?

Thanks.

Kevin

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Kevin,

A Search feature has been built into EG, but it is not as robust as Chris' plugin.  You should still be able to use Chris' tool if desired.  We do plan to enhance the search capabilities in a future release.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation