BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MickeyTony
Calcite | Level 5

Title basically says it all. I'm on EGP 7.1, and I have a 1.7MB .egp that used to consist of three process flows, each with several hundred lines of code which I saved because I had to restart my machine.

Imagine my surprise when upon opening it, I discovered that the project tree window is now completely blank. There is nothing in the displayed in the project tree and there is no project log. It's as though I've opened a completely blank file, except that if I grab a process flow from the dropdown shortcut, I can run it just as normal! Other .egp files I have on my machine are unaffected.

Process Flow.png

I think it's pretty safe to conclude that I am experiencing a fairly major SASEG bug, and at this point I just want to recover some code from that file and then start over from a much older version. Does anyone know how I can go about that? Will .egp files open in a text editor that I can pour over looking for the code snippet I want?

5 REPLIES 5
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

As @Kurt_Bremser indicated, opening the .egp file in a Zip application should allow you to recover code embedded in the project if the file is still reasonably intact.

I suggest contacting Tech Support as well.  Also, it is a good idea to make sure you have the latest update, in case you are encountering an issue that has already been addressed.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

mk433g
Calcite | Level 5

Did this ever get a solution?  This occurred to me today, only difference is there was no restart. Simply (1) save, (2) close, (3) reopen.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@mk433g wrote:

Did this ever get a solution?  This occurred to me today, only difference is there was no restart. Simply (1) save, (2) close, (3) reopen.

Did you look at the file with a zip application? Where did you store the project (local disk, local on a shared drive, in Files on the workspace server, or in metadata folders)?

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I would also make sure you have the latest hotfix applied for your EG version.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation