BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi masters!

How can i monitorize the jobs that i execute in an Enterprise Guide. The EG is connected to a SAS Server. Can I monitorize the execution from SMC?

Kind Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
From SMC you can monitor SAS sessions, not individual programs that runs in a shared session.
What is your monitor requirements?
Data never sleeps
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @JuanDaniel

How are you today?Smiley Happy

Indeed, with SMC you can use some monitoring functionality, not sure if this is what you're looking for.

It's happening under the Server Manager plug-in.

If you expand your Object Spawner and connect to it (right-click), this is the king of information you have access to:

ObjectSpawner.JPG

The same applies to the Workspace Server ( Expand SASApp or similar, right-click on the server, sasbi.demo.sas.com on my case and connect)

WorkspaceServer.JPG

You'll find further details with Using SAS Management Console to Monitor SAS Servers.

Hope that helps (and have fun).

Cheers,
Damo

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

hi @Damo, I'm here learning something about the amazing world of SAS... jeje Smiley Very Happy

@LinusH and @Damo

I want monitorice the jobs that the people are launching or the jobs that was scheduled, the progress of this jobs or if a job was stopped because have an error, etc.

Thx. kind regards 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel and all,

I highly recommend you to use a good monitoring tool. The best I found out there so far is Enterprise Session Monitor aka ESM by Boemska.

Please find the info here: https://boemskats.com/esm/

Great experiences. I am sure Nik will be able to give you personalised information.

PS.

@boemskats , I summon you.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS

Interesting tool Smiley Wink . I need something for this. I execute a project in EG and I want to see times for every flow executed, or if there was any problem during the execution, etc. 

I came from SAP, and it has tools for monitorice the jobs executions like Data Services Management Console where i can view the history of the executions or if some execution is running. Has SAS SMC something like this tool?

Thx. Kind regards

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel,

no, not exactly. What you can have is:

- If you are working with grid (and I believe you are), RTM may help.

- If you are on one of the latest maintenance, and you have a Data Management Solution, the SAS Environment Manager should have a Job Monitor sub-application

And, basically, that's it, within what SAS provides. Perhaps it is enough for you., give them a look. I just love ESM because covers all what those 2 may cover, and some other nice features as well. It has an additional cost, but totally worth it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 in conversation