BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bharath86
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

The default location for project log is in C:Users/AppData/Enterprose guide......

Is it possible to change the location of project log to a custom folder. I tried searching options in tools but couldnt find any.

Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

When you run, run the process flow, not just a single program.  The export will then happen automatically.  This is how EG projects are designed to work.

Here's an example with five programs, but the number of programs is immaterial.  It will work for 1 to many programs.  The trick is to run the the process flow instead of just the one program.

Jim

jimbarbour_0-1628262065064.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

That log location default is probably going to be set when Enterprise Guide is installed.  I think that the typical user would not be able to change it, but that depends on the installation.  I think you'd have to talk to whomsoever it is that is responsible for EG installation and maintenance (sometimes a SAS Admin, sometimes a server Admin, sometimes a team member, etc.) in your environment.  

@SASKiwi might have a bit more knowledge in this area.

Jim

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why do you want to change it? So far I've been unable to find a way of doing this. The EGOptions config doesn't appear to help. If more than one person uses EG on your PC it is probably not advisable to move it from a user folder.

bharath86
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to change it because I want to. I want my process flow logs to be stored in a specific location I feed. 

Everytime I run the project, I wantnthe logs to be stored in a specific location even if it overwrites the existing logs on daily basis I dont have a problem with that. But I need to save them in a drive I specify,

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Have you tried:

jimbarbour_1-1628095327089.png

You should be able to automatically write to wherever you like as a step in the project.

Jim

bharath86
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I tried and that helps me to save the log in a specific location, but how would I automate this to automatically save the log everytime a process executes.

For insctance, I have executed a process flow today and the project log is updated. 

Now I want the updated log to be saved in the specified location everytime I run the process.

Because It may not be idle to save it manually everytime, there is a hundred percent chance I might miss to save it and I might miss a log file. 

Please advise.

Thank you

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Make sure you click on "Export it as a step in Project".  This should make it an automated process that will place the log in the same location every time.  Do not just click on "Export."  If you click on "Export," it will be a manual process every time.

Jim

bharath86
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jim,

I did export it as a step, but I will have to execute the export program to save the log each time.

As soon as the project log is updated it doesnt push a log file automatically. I have to execute the export step program to save the log file. 

Thank you

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

When you run, run the process flow, not just a single program.  The export will then happen automatically.  This is how EG projects are designed to work.

Here's an example with five programs, but the number of programs is immaterial.  It will work for 1 to many programs.  The trick is to run the the process flow instead of just the one program.

Jim

jimbarbour_0-1628262065064.png

MarissaMarais
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone know how to view the Project Log in EG?? I upgraded to v9.4 and now keep getting the error "Cannot Show Project log warning dialog". However I don't know where to find the project log in the first place. I use to be able to go to File - Project log properties and from there clear the project log, but these options have disappeared in 9.4

Ksharp
Super User
proc printto log='c:\temp\mylog.log' new;run;

............sas code here............

proc printto;run;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation