BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashanoh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Can I download SAS Enterprise Guide for my study purpose? If yes so can anyone tell me how to download that? If no so why SAS company not providing? Because there are many company who are providing there software for study purpose at no of cost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

EGuide is part of the Base SAS distribution on Windows.  You can't use EGuide without having SAS to do the actual computations. 

You can get SAS Enterprise Guide for free as part of SAS OnDemand for Academics -- when you are enrolled in a course that uses it.

And aside from SAS Enterprise Guide, you can use SAS University Edition -- a downloadable version of SAS that uses the SAS Studio application as the main interface.  Any learner can download and use it for non-commercial purposes.

As far as why there is not a general free version, that is a business decision that you won't get an answer for on this forum.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

EGuide is part of the Base SAS distribution on Windows.  You can't use EGuide without having SAS to do the actual computations. 

You can get SAS Enterprise Guide for free as part of SAS OnDemand for Academics -- when you are enrolled in a course that uses it.

And aside from SAS Enterprise Guide, you can use SAS University Edition -- a downloadable version of SAS that uses the SAS Studio application as the main interface.  Any learner can download and use it for non-commercial purposes.

As far as why there is not a general free version, that is a business decision that you won't get an answer for on this forum.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

ashanoh
Calcite | Level 5

Duke its fine for me but other company also having big bussiness. Its okay.

ashanoh
Calcite | Level 5

Can I buy that? If yes, what is price for that? And how can I buy that?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Check with your company.  Unless SAS has changed its license, if you are covered by your company's license and your company allows it, you can load the licensed software on as many computers as you want (including a home computer).

The license is user not station specific.  As I recall, a user is only allowed to access SAS on one computer at a time, but can have copies on as many computers as desired.

ashanoh
Calcite | Level 5

Hope so I will get it that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 in conversation