BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have to calculated predicted PD for year 2015, 2016 and 2017 for Bucket1, Bucket2, Bucket3 and Bucket4 using a Z_score and an Index value. This Index value is a random value. The index value is to be generated such that, when we calculate predicted PD for each year then the sum square error of Predicted Pd and Actual PD shoud be minimum.

I am able to do this in Excel using Run solver, and proc optmodel is an equivalent for this. But I am not able to use proc opt model in SAS EG.

Attached is the Input table and desired output table in excel file attached:

Table 1: Need to use Z Score from this

Table 2: Bucket-wise Actual PD for each year

Table 3: Highlighted yellow values are index values generated, and used in calculating predicted values

Table 4: Min sum of squares between actual and predicted.

Please help with this, as I am in urgent need to perform this calculation in SAS. 

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I assume you are running SAS 9.4 (Maintenance Level 'something') in SAS Enterprise Guide.

Find out by running:

%PUT &=sysvlong;

Do you have the Operational Research module of SAS (SAS/OR)?

Find out by submitting:

proc setinit; run;
proc product_status; run;

If you have SAS/OR there's no reason why you couldn't use it in SAS/EG (but you will not find a 'wizard' for it, it needs to be a program).

Can someone with superpowers move this thread to the Analytics > 'Mathematical Optimization, Discrete-Event Simulation, and OR' board?

Thanks,

Koen

Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6
I don't have SAS/OR licensed. Is there other way I can create code for above problem using loops or arrays.
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Optimization can be done with SAS/OR (a.o. PROC OPTMODEL) but also with SAS/IML (PROC IML).

Do you have SAS/IML (IML = Interactive Matrix Language)?

I think some intelligent use of loops and arrays can probably be used as well, but I do not have time to write that for you. I am sorry.

You can give it a try and if you are stuck, start a new topic (so that everybody can help, and not just me).

Good luck,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation