BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have SAS 9 installed on unix . I use SAS EG for coding . I want to know if there is anyway (except Import taks in SAS EG) to transfer files from windows to unix using SAS code .

7 REPLIES 7
data_ailment
Fluorite | Level 6

there is an ftp add-in task for enterprise guide here There and back again: copying files in SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy.  At the bottom of the comments is also a way to use your WORK libraries to move files to/from your PC to server (using the %sysfunc(pathname(WORK)) format).

lmr052
Calcite | Level 5

I suggest using the X command in open SAS code in an EG program node to execute a Unix file copy from the Windows file location to Unix.  Doing it the other way (from Unix to SAS on Windows) I have a script in WinSCP and call that script to do the file transfer.

Syntax is : x 'c:\path\ftprun.cmd'; where ftprun.cmd runs my winscp script.

Works like a charm.

ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

Can you explain a little in detail what is your script ? is it standard script given by SAS or customized per your requirment .

does it work for the shared network drives also ?

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

A long-term approach is a shared drive.

We have a Samba share of 100GB mounted to our SAS LINUX servers. In Windows 7, users map a drive letter automatically to this \\server\folder location when they login to the LAN.

mottycruz
Calcite | Level 5

This is an old thread but I wonder if someone is watching and can help me clear up a few things. I too have a SAS server running on CentOS but the projects for users are on remote Windows SMB server. Users connect to SAS server from Windows 7 desktop. First question is that I am not sure how to mount the SMBs in the Linux server and make sure users connect to their assigned projects not someone else project. Second, do I need to install Samba on the Linux server or just the smb-client? Any feed back is appreciated.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried linux forums as these aren't SAS-specific questions? You are likely to find better answers there.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@mottycruz 

Ideally ask a new question as a separate question and then eventually just reference an old tread.

"First question is that I am not sure how to mount the SMBs in the Linux server and make sure users connect to their assigned projects not someone else project."

EG projects (.egp) are just files ("zip" files). Normal OS security applies.

Why do you need to mount the file server at all on Linux. SAS EG is a Windows client which sends SAS code a the SAS server for execution. You only need the file server mounted on the SAS server side if users need to be able to read data directly from the SAS server side execution. SAS EG also provides tasks which allow to first upload data from the EG client to the SAS server session (EG upload task).

How to mount a files system on a server is not a SAS question and you better ask it in a forum focused on the server OS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 7 in conversation