BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello! In EG, I've been visited often by the error in attachement. Every time this happens I lost the session and all the work done since last saved version. Can someone help, please? SAS 9.4 EG 6.1 M1HF13 (6.100.0.4368) (64-bit) Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Do you use a server to run the SAS code or do you have SAS installed on the same machine as EG? If on the server you could have a connection issue when you leave the projects open for a long time.
rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello @JosvanderVelden.

I use EG on a client computer. The SAS Server is on a separate machine.

I see ... in fact we have other issues that seems related to network failure.

For example ... if I leave for lunch, when I come back I have to restart EG or EM because the connection "passed way".

Do you think is a network problem? Or something possible to tune on SAS Server?

Thank you very much!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@rmlmrmlm - this behaviour is more likely caused by firewall timeout rules. I suggest you consult your SAS administrator and explain your concerns. 

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
A nice feature in EG 6.1 and SAS 9.4 is the ability to set an object server parameter on the workspace server to ensure firewalls do not disconnect inactive connected clients. The KEEPALIVE parameter sends an event packet to inactive clients on a regular interval to prevent disconnection by network firewalls. For more details on this setting see the following link.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/63854/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n16001intelplatform...

You can set the keepalive=interval in metadata within SAS Management Console > Server Manager > SASApp (or whatever your server context is named) > SASApp - Logical Workspace Server > right-click on SASApp - Workspace Server > Properties > Options > 'Object server parameters:" field. Once completed you will need to restart the object spawner on the machine.

If that does not solve the issue you should open a track with Technical Support (https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html) so they can provide the support you need.
rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you @JosvanderVelden
rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you 

jebjur
SAS Employee

You may also want to take a look at this SAS note, and try moving the location of the Eguide TEMP files. The problem has been fixed in Eguide 7.15 with the latest hotfix.

http://support.sas.com/kb/62237

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation