BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,
I want to export a submitted code from EG to a sas file. There is no porblem doing that. But when I perform a windows batch submit on that particular file I get a error message: Apparent invocation of macro _EG_CONDITIONAL_DROPDS not resolved.

What is the problem, I cannot understand???!

Is there any other way to run egp-file with batch submit? Message was edited by: Nidhi
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Code generated by EG relies on a few SAS macros that EG submits on your behalf.

If you use File->Export All Code to export the code, the result should include the necessary macro definitions so that you can run the code in another environment.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Chris

would a satisfactory alternative be to add the E.G. macros to the sasautos environment where the batch executes?
Something like [pre]filename EGmacros 'path to the EG macros' ;
option %addoptn( sasautos, EGmacros );[/pre] (macro addoptn is defined in Sample 24841 at http://support.sas.com/kb/24/841.html)

This could appear at the top of deployed code, in an autoexec or be replaced by a user/batch config extra like [pre]
-set egmacros "path to the EG macros"
-append sasautos egmacros [/pre]
or is this what "Export All Code" implements?

PeterC
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am about to raise this as a Tech Support track, and I am sharing this knowledge here as a caution to anyone who does use the "Export All code" option in Enterprise Guide.

When you have exported all code, go back and make sure you have indeed got everything within each code object. We have a case where an Import, a data step and a macro definition were lost from the head of a code node when it was exported.

I did see this original problem in the Tech Support notes (16135, identified 3.0, fixed 4.1). Well done with the fix. I did not find anything else suggesting incomplete exports may occur.

I'll share the result from Tech Support here when it is resolved.

Kind regards

David
deleted_user
Not applicable
Tech Support were able to replicate our problem here and in the States. I don't have any specific information on the probable cause, although we had a suspicion that large and nested comment blocks may have had a part to play.

The response I received was: "We don't expect a hot fix for this since it is a very unique problem. You will have to use copy-paste if you continue to see the problem with other projects. The problem was also present in 4.2 of Enterprise Guide. Sorry the news is not better."

A colleague also had an issue where a multi step project exported code in the wrong order, which meant an intermediate step was missing when some analysis was called for.

Note too that import / export from PC File Formats (especially Excel) use the Microsoft Jet engine and are defined with a descriptor block that doesn't function outside of an Enterprise Guide project. This may mean an important part of the project is also missing from the export.

Our recommendation is that if you use the code export functionality, then check for completeness and sequencing carefully. Our preference though is to use copy / paste, which can be just a few steps if the majority of the code is migrated using the export facility and then checked.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation