BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hagen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I would like to use the SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer to create a permanent library. This shall be a conncetion to an Oracle Express database. I managed to assign a library using Tools "Assign Project Library" but if I start SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer I cannot create a new library as the item is greyed out in the menu. I am running Enterprise Guide in a VM - no Server so the connection profile is <<do not use a profile>> EG version is 4.3.

Thanks for your ideas in advance.

Best regards

Hagen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Below is how I create permanent library in EG:

tools-- >options-->SAS programs, check "submit code when serve is connected",then click edit to write the code. please check the attached screen shot.

Linlin

create library in EG.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Below is how I create permanent library in EG:

tools-- >options-->SAS programs, check "submit code when serve is connected",then click edit to write the code. please check the attached screen shot.

Linlin

create library in EG.png
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Is you Oracle Server/Schema defined in Management Console.

Thanks,

Shiva

Hagen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Shiva,

thanks for your reply. The use of management console goes along with the use of a metadata server right? As I don' t have a metadata server in place I cannot use mgmt console?

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation