BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
softicf
Calcite | Level 5

I am getting this message on the SAS Enterprise Guide: "You are not authorized to save the project Project. Any changes made will be lost."

Is there anyway to fix this?

Need to get a project done and could really use some help.

6 REPLIES 6
softicf
Calcite | Level 5

No I was trying to get on SAS to do start a project. 

Also, when I want to open data it will not show the data that I have saved on my desktop.

Then if I do not sign into SAS on demand for academics, it shows that there is no server to save my data set on. 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I haven't seen this error message myself but I'd assume you could get it when trying to save an EG project in SAS Metadata without having the necessary permissions.

If you just need to save your work then why don't you try to use "save as" and then save the project under a new name and in a location accessible to you.

softicf
Calcite | Level 5
It looks to me that there is no server on the program, I am not sure how that happened.
Also, I can't use the "save as" because it can not find a file or server to save it on.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Don't select Servers but My Computer as this will allow you to save the EG project on a disk available to you.

Capture.JPG

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Go to Tools - Connections to set up a connection profile for the metadata server.

Save projects locally, saving them in metadata often does not work as intended (leaving you with a corrupted/unusable project). "Locally" can be a network drive mounted on your desktop.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation