BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
Our agency is looking into Windows Vista. They have asked me to check into the compatability of Enterprise Guide and Windows Vista. I see a web page on the SAS support site that states that EGuide 4.1 is not compatible. Is this still correct? What is the plan? Has anyone successfully installed Eguide 4.1 on Vista? If not compatible, when can we expect a compatible version?
7 REPLIES 7
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
My understanding is that EG 4.2 is supposed to provide Vista support. Tech Support won't confirm, but new releases often come out around the time of the SUGI meetings in the spring.

That said, EG 4.1 can be installed with Vista (I haven't tried it myself, but had a student succeed this fall.). Search this forum for a thread on it. If you run into trouble, SAS Tech Support won't help.

Doc
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Enterprise Guide 4.2 will support Vista.

And we have a project underway to release Enterprise Guide 4.1 for Vista. As I've pointed out in this forum before, the main obstacle to running EG 4.1 on Vista is the install process -- it's not Vista-aware. The update for Enterprise Guide 4.1, scheduled for early spring, will address that.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Chris,

Since it is now early spring, does SAS have a closer ETA for "EGuide 4.1 for Vista"? I'm getting more and more requests for it from students.

thanks,
Doc
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Doc and others,

We (in R&D) have completed and signed off on the Vista-aware version of Enterprise Guide. It will have an install that works on Vista, plus all EG updates through the latest hotfix (hotfix 6).

There are a few more activities that have to occur in the pipeline before it ships. I believe it is supposed to be available for shipment in early May.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Chris, I dont suppose theres a known time line for SAS9.2 to be officially supported on Microsoft Server 2008 yet.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Joshua, I think that one of the holdups is an officially supported Java runtime from Sun, since parts of SAS require a JRE. My understanding is that things pretty much work, but we cannot state official support without an officially sanctioned JRE. But I might be speaking out of turn here. Your best bet is to track it with tech support.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I fear the day that SAS will tell us that we need to tune the JVM / heap size. but till then, I wont be taking out my old copy of SPSS and Matlab. Just a personal remark, but would it be meaningful to have a forum group solely for enterprise administration/ IP administration?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation