BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LoPez_Diaz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello , 

I get the error above after each session startup on SAS EG. 
I've looked on many threads and I learned that I have to pre-assign the Library to get it to work. 

Now , I've tried to use %include , but I don't know where to find the directory of the Library.

I'm new to SAS EG , so please be specific. 
Thank you in advance for your replies 

Diaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Diaz,

Pre-assigning a library means that the "pre-assigned" attribute of the library definition in the metadata is checked. As a result the library will be assigned as part of the initialization of you workspace server (the server based SAS session that does all the work for you). So my first suggestion would be to use SAS Management Console and see what the metadata definitions for your library are. The pre-assigned attribute is set in the Advanced Properties.

If this works you do not need to %include anything. Your library will be assigned automatically everytime you connect to the workspace server.

in EG you see if a library is assigned if its icon shows up white in the Servers --> Libraries tree in the left hand pane of the interface. If it is yellow than you're fine. If it's white you can manually complete the assigment by right-clicking and select Assign.

If this should somehow not work then there may be an issue with the library definition. Like the path may be wrong or you have no access. That would be a next step in the troubleshooting. I suggest you first go ahead with management console, or have your SAS administrator help you out.

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LoPez_Diaz
Obsidian | Level 7

I forgot to mention that the Library is located on a SAS server.

Thank you 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

when you start up EG, and you have some sort of autoexec that tries to assign libraries via a LIBNAME statement, one of the LIBNAME statements is failing, because it is incorrect, and pointing to a folder or database incorrectly.

Beyond that, we cannot say further. You needd to examine your AUTOEXEC to see what LIBNAMEs are in there, and determine which one is failing and then fix it.

--
Paige Miller
LoPez_Diaz
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello Paige ,
Thank you for your quick Reply.
I don't have an autoexec file on my server.
I would like to use the %include instead , is that possible ?
Thank you
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@LoPez_Diaz wrote:
Hello Paige ,
Thank you for your quick Reply.
I don't have an autoexec file on my server.
I would like to use the %include instead , is that possible ?
Thank you

Assigning Libraries and %include are two different things. One does not impact the other directly. So its not clear to me why you bring up %include. And you do need to investigate to find out why your are getting the error assigning libraries.

--
Paige Miller
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Diaz,

Pre-assigning a library means that the "pre-assigned" attribute of the library definition in the metadata is checked. As a result the library will be assigned as part of the initialization of you workspace server (the server based SAS session that does all the work for you). So my first suggestion would be to use SAS Management Console and see what the metadata definitions for your library are. The pre-assigned attribute is set in the Advanced Properties.

If this works you do not need to %include anything. Your library will be assigned automatically everytime you connect to the workspace server.

in EG you see if a library is assigned if its icon shows up white in the Servers --> Libraries tree in the left hand pane of the interface. If it is yellow than you're fine. If it's white you can manually complete the assigment by right-clicking and select Assign.

If this should somehow not work then there may be an issue with the library definition. Like the path may be wrong or you have no access. That would be a next step in the troubleshooting. I suggest you first go ahead with management console, or have your SAS administrator help you out.

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

LoPez_Diaz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Jan , 

Thank you very much , that was very clear , I appreciate.

Unfortunately , I dont have rights to access to the SAS management console , so I can't see what the parameters are.

I'll contact the admin, to see if he can do it for me.
Thank you again 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation