BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JPC
Calcite | Level 5 JPC
Calcite | Level 5
I recently installed EG 4, having used EG3 for awhile.

My EG3 projects convert nicely and run fine, but when I create new EG4 projects I can't seem to create queries, a pretty basic task!

I attach an existing dataset to a new project, right click, "filter or query" and get the message...

You cannot create a query on....

What gives?

I suspect I have a very basic setup issue, probably related to the new Project Explorer and relations through the old Administrator.

Can anyone point me to something useful?

Cheers
JPC
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Hi,

You should contact tech support with this issue. But here is something to check...

As a user of EG 3, did you define a library in the EG administrator to redirect your default output location to EGTASK? If so, you might try using the SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer (off of the Tools menu) to delete and redefine that library.

Another test you can do first: try changing the settings for Tools->Options->Tasks: Output Library to put WORK at the top of the list instead of EGTASK, and then try creating a query. If it works, then try the above step of deleting/redefining EGTASK.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JPC
Calcite | Level 5 JPC
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you, that did it.

I deleted the original EGTask and built a new one under Explorer.

Thanks for you quick help.

Cheers
JPC
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
The same thing happened to me. I have not reset my EGTASK yet for fear of losing stuff. If I unassign the EGTASK folder; rename the old EGTASK folder; create another EGTASK folder; copy everything over to the new folder; and assign the new EGTASK folder as a SAS library do all of my old projects still work?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
For this workaround, you don't have to touch the contents of EGTASK -- simply delete its definition from the repository and redefine it with the same options/path.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation