BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JoonaH
Obsidian | Level 7

I have an EG project with around 250 query builders (or other blocks) and noticed quite recently that the file size of the project started increasing rapidly with each version. With just small changes the size changed from 2 MB -> 5 MB -> 8 MB -> 12 MB -> . On the last 2 saves nothing was actually even changed but the project just was just saved without changes for testing purposes. By changing to file to .zip I was able to find out that EG had started generating up to 200 000 character long ExplicitPassthroughDBPassword-element in project.xml. This caused the bloated file size which in turn caused project opening time to increase into several minutes and prevented anyone but person who actually saved it from using it. I was able to fix this by extracting the project.xml file and erasing all ExplicitPassthroughDBPassword-values. The project worked as usually even though all these values were deleted. Saving the project again generated these values again, but now only as around 50 characters long. Apparently EG generates longer and longer values on each save so I suspect this will eventually happen again. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoonaH
Obsidian | Level 7
Support was aware of this issue and it is fixed in EG 8.2.
They also confirmed that editing project.xml by deleting ExplicitPassthroughDBPassword-values is the workaround for older versions

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @JoonaH -- impressive sleuthing on your part!

Have you reported this to SAS Tech Support? I think this should be tracked as a bug.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
JoonaH
Obsidian | Level 7
Haven't done that yet, but yeah gotta do that
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@JoonaH - I'm curious to know which version of EG this is happening in. The latest is EG 8.2 Update 5.

JoonaH
Obsidian | Level 7
We are using version 8.1 Update 1 (8.1.1.4580) (64-bit)
JoonaH
Obsidian | Level 7
Support was aware of this issue and it is fixed in EG 8.2.
They also confirmed that editing project.xml by deleting ExplicitPassthroughDBPassword-values is the workaround for older versions

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation