BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hi all,

This is an EG usage/configuration question and something where a solution would make my developer life really better.

EG version is:

Patrick_1-1639550735262.png

Question

When executing a program node how to have EG NOT add table objects to the Process Flow grid.

Below an example: I would like to execute Program without EG adding the created tables as nodes to the grid. Is there any option to do this?

Patrick_0-1639550698931.png

Real life relevance

I'm using EG for ETL development and I've got a process flow with many nodes linked together. Some of the nodes create a lot of tables.

How I would like things to look like even after executing the flow:

Patrick_2-1639551534365.png

How things do look like after execution - which makes it really hard to maintain these flows and add or modify the flows.

I have too often to delete manually and painfully the table nodes ....and it's only a question of time until I delete a code node by mistake when "cleaning-up".

If there is no option to instruct EG to NOT add the table nodes: Is there at least a simple way to remove all the table nodes from the grid?

Patrick_3-1639551616486.png

Thanks,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Unfortunately there seems to be no option to hide datasets / views.

Quentin
Super User

There is an EG option where you can limit the number of tables that are added, and you can set it to 0.

If you go to options->Results->Results General the option is "Maximum number of output data sets to add to the project."

The default is 50. Try setting it to 0, I think it should do the trick.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation