BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gphunt
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm experiencing numerous EG hangs when the Auto Save kicks in (maybe once a day).  Even on small projects with 2 small programs.  The only pattern I can see (maybe) is that it might be happening when a process flow is located in a separate window from the main workbench.  Is anyone else seeing this?

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

We've been using 8.1 for a couple of months or so without any significant problems, and none like what you are seeing. We don't use EG projects though. Where is your Auto Recovery folder located - on your local drive or on a remote one?

gphunt
Fluorite | Level 6

Good thought.  However, it is on the C: drive.  Also, "Update external items is checked", but I keep everything but SAS data files within the project.  I'm changing the backup interval from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.  At least the problem should impact me less.

BTW, even though the auto recovery seems to hang, and I have to terminate the Windows egp process, I never get a notification on re-opening the egp file that there is a problem with the file, AND it never seems that I lose anything.  Strange.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support. Most likely they will ask you to turn on EG logging and then use that to diagnose the problem further.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, please open a track with SAS Tech Support.  We'd like to get more details about the problem you are seeing, in hopes that we can reproduce, diagnose, and fix.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation