BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shishayhabte
Calcite | Level 5
Hello guys,
I was opening EG 7.1 and there was a prompt saying there is auto saved code and tried to save that code. Another prompt said if I want to replace the existing code with the same name with this new code and I clicked yes! Turns out I lost bothe the old and the new code. I checked where I normally save my code to open it again, but no where to be found!
Please help! I need that code!
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Shishayhabte
Calcite | Level 5
BTW, I checked in the Project Recovery, it's not there! Yes it is checked to save every 10 minutes, but it never does that. When it does, you see the folder of the project or program, but has no contents; it's empty. This time though, there is a trace of the code at all. It disappeared. I searched with "SEG*" as key word, i was not able to find it.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

I have had that issue back when I used 7.1.  Best advice I have is upgrade to 8... doesn't seem to have that issue anymore.

Shishayhabte
Calcite | Level 5

I did upgrade and I am using 8.3 as we speak, but need that code to save tons and tons of time!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Where are you saving your EG projects? If it is on a network drive then it will most likely be backed up and you can request a restore of the missing files.

This type of problem is a very good reason for always storing your EG files where they are being backed up like on a network drive and to store the underlying SAS programs separately from your EGP ones. An even better solution is to use EG with a version control tool like GIT. This is what we do and it minimises the chance of losing any project / code changes. 

Shishayhabte
Calcite | Level 5

It's saved locally; not network! But it is a good lesson going forward!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation