BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PavelD
Obsidian | Level 7

hello

my problem seems unrelated to this issue:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-Guide-8-2-Windows-quot-Open-file-have-been-m...

I do frequently edit an OPEN program in SAS EG both in SAS EG and via an external editor.

Each time this happens, the following message appears in SAS EG:

Image 2023-02-03 001.png

is there any way to disable this message and always automatically accept the modifications, even after opening SAS EG next time?

SAS EG version: 8.3 Update 3 (8.3.3.181) (64-bit)

thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

AFAIK there is no way to change this behaviour. Personally I'd rather have it and I find it useful as it will pick up accidental changes as well as deliberate ones.

If you are using an external editor as well as EG to modify the same SAS program, if you don't reload in EG you could easily overwrite external changes.

PavelD
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks kiwi 🥝

I think the best bet would be to use autohotkey and automatically confirm and close the window that appears.

Thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation