BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
marianaalcos
Quartz | Level 8

Hi there!

I wanna apply SVM to the dataset uscrime.txt using SAS OnDemand for Academics - Enterprise Miner.

I followed all the steps on the User's Guide but my data files are NOT showing up and I'm unable "Create Data Source".

Here's what I did so far:

1) Started SAS Studio available on my dashboard: https://odamid.oda.sas.com/SASODAControlCenter/index.html

2) Uploaded files to mycontent folder as it appears in the pic:

Captura de Tela 2018-06-12 às 3.53.05 PM.png

3) Assigned the library hmw to the mycontent folder and it's correctly showing up like this:

Captura de Tela 2018-06-12 às 4.01.31 PM.png

4) Then I started Enterprise Miner (I've heard it does not work on my MAC but I'm using parallels to run it on Windows 10.. I also downloaded  JAVA 8 v45 as recommended). I created a new project and inserted on the Project Start Code the following: 

libname hmw "/home/mac60/my_content/";

5) The above line runs and returns the log: 

NOTE: Libref HMW was successfully assigned as follows: 
      Engine:        V9 
      Physical Name: /courses/d309ad4dba27fe300
95 The SAS System                                                                                                                                                                                                           Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:50:00 A
M

238562     %let SYSCC=0;
238563     %let SYsrc=0;
238564     %let EMEXCEPTIONSTRING=;
238565     %let SYSMSG=;
238566     /*; *"; *'; */; quit; %let syscc=0;

6) When I try to browse the data file from my hmw library, no file shows up (I've tried both SAS Table and Metadata Repository). Here's a print:

Captura de Tela 2018-06-12 às 4.06.47 PM.png

Can someone help me? I've been stuck with this the whole day today =/ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Those are text and excel files. You have to import them to convert them to SAS data sets before they'll show up in a library, or you can use SAS PROCS on the data sets. I don't recall how to do that in EM, you may need to first use SAS Studio to convert them and load them up to your library. 

You can use SAS EM on a MAC but also need to install the correct Java versions and such. I got it working once 🙂

@marianaalcos wrote:

Hi there!

I wanna apply SVM to the dataset uscrime.txt using SAS OnDemand for Academics - Enterprise Miner.

I followed all the steps on the User's Guide but my data files are NOT showing up and I'm unable "Create Data Source".

1) Started SAS Studio available on my dashboard: https://odamid.oda.sas.com/SASODAControlCenter/index.html

3) Assigned the library hmw to the mycontent folder and it's correctly showing up like this:

4) Then I started Enterprise Miner (I've heard it does not work on my MAC but I'm using parallels to run it on Windows 10.. I also downloaded  JAVA 8 v45 as recommended). I created a new project and inserted on the Project Start Code the following: 

95 The SAS System                                                                                                                                                                                                           Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:50:00 A
M

238562     %let SYSCC=0;
238563     %let SYsrc=0;
238565     %let SYSMSG=;

6) When I try to browse the data file from my hmw library, no file shows up (I've tried both SAS Table and Metadata Repository). Here's a print:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Those are text and excel files. You have to import them to convert them to SAS data sets before they'll show up in a library, or you can use SAS PROCS on the data sets. I don't recall how to do that in EM, you may need to first use SAS Studio to convert them and load them up to your library. 

You can use SAS EM on a MAC but also need to install the correct Java versions and such. I got it working once 🙂

@marianaalcos wrote:

Hi there!

M

238562     %let SYSCC=0;
238563     %let SYsrc=0;
238565     %let SYSMSG=;

marianaalcos
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Reeza!

You've saved me once again, thank you thank you THANK YOU! It worked just fine!

I'm using it on my MAC too. I guess with the proper java (I'm using v8 _45 as recommended) it works well. I'll report if I encounter issues 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation