BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yeboah_K
Calcite | Level 5
My SAS Enterprise Guide is taking forever to load results. The results appear at the bottom of my screen but it is blank.

How do I resolve this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Hello - I have experienced instances where it appears Enterprise Miner on SAS OnDemand for Academics is taking a long time to run a node, or a pop-up window does Not appear, or an option in the node settings is not available. All of these issues - I have been able to resolve by closing the current EM diagram & re-opening.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It's not clear whether you are using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Enterprise Miner. These are two different products. Usually, with Enterprise Guide, if you are running a task or a program, there is a log produced with error messages. I wonder if you're talking about Enterprise Guide when you say that the "results appear at the bottom of my screen" because depending on which version of Enterprise Guide you're using the messages about the task or program running could appear at the bottom of the screen. If you are taking one of our SAS e-learning classes and using either Enterprise Guide or Enterprise Miner in the Virtual Lab, then you could send mail to elearn@sas.com and let us know the title of the class you're taking and which Virtual Lab session is having issues (Enterprise Guide or Enterprise Miner). It will also be useful for us to know what Lesson and demo or practice you're working on so we can doublecheck in the Virtual Lab.
If you are taking a class from a University professor and using Enterprise Guide or Enterprise Miner under the school license or with SAS OnDemand for Academics, then your first resource would be your instructor or teaching assistant, to make sure that you followed all of the assignment instructions correctly and that you did not have any errors.
One possible cause of a blank results window is an error that causes a program or task to fail. When you look at your SAS Log (for either Enterprise Guide or Enterprise Miner), do you see any error messages?
Cynthia
Yeboah_K
Calcite | Level 5

@Cynthia_sas  I am using SAS Enterprise Miner. I checked the log, there is no error. I do not know what will make the results take too long to display.
Even for old models I created which used to display the results, now the results do not display any more.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
Thanks for clarifying that you're using SAS Enterprise Miner. You did not specify whether you were taking one of the SAS e-learning classes or taking a University class. Without knowing a lot more about the task or project you were working on, what your data was and what the specific steps were that you followed, it will be hard for folks here to guess what the issue might be. If you're following a demo or doing a practice in one of our e-learning classes, in order to help, you should send mail to elearn@sas.com and let us know the title of the class, the lesson you're working in and the demo or practice that you're doing. Our classes typically have step by step instructions so usually if you tell us where your experience was different than what we show in the demo or practice we can make suggestions about what the problem might be.
If you are working with a University professor on an assignment that your instructor provided, then my suggestion is that you consult with your instructor or your teaching assistant on whether you've followed the correct steps to solve the assignment.
Without log messages or error messages, it is very hard to make any constructive suggestions about what the issue might be.
Cynthia
Yeboah_K
Calcite | Level 5

I am working with a university professor. He confirmed all the steps are correct. I have attached a screenshot of the heterogenous ensemble model I built. It run successfully. The only thing left is the result to display in the results window. It is blank when I hover over on my task bar. My model log has no error message yet. Nevertheless, I see the log stuck at line# 1550. Could this server run time being slow?log.pngScreenshot 2022-08-08 215851.png

Yeboah_K
Calcite | Level 5

@Cynthia_sas , I found the solution to the problem. This was not related to the SAS Enterprise Miner Application. It was my external monitors. They have super wide screens and the result was not getting displayed because of my screen resolution. 

Thanks for your help!

Yeboah_K

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Hello - I have experienced instances where it appears Enterprise Miner on SAS OnDemand for Academics is taking a long time to run a node, or a pop-up window does Not appear, or an option in the node settings is not available. All of these issues - I have been able to resolve by closing the current EM diagram & re-opening.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation