BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarcTC
Obsidian | Level 7
I would like to know how to convert an EG project to a plain SAS program.
5 REPLIES 5
NickT
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Marc,

Creating a .sas file from your EG project is a simple task. From your EG menu:

File - Export - Export All Code.
Bibishan_Rathod
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

It is  possible to convert the .egp to .sas file when we have only read only access.

I follow the same steps but it gives the error. 

when when I follow the Process like Task-Export All code. It gives lots of macro code is there any way to extract only code.

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

Rename the EGP to a zip extension (ex. MyProject.egp ==> MyProject.zip). Examine the files. They are XML files and one of them will contain the SAS code.  

https://github.com/savian-net
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

You can use the code form this one:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/How-do-I-list-all-programs-included-in-an-egp-fi...

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Each project node has its own piece of code, and certain tasks (e.g. Copy Files or all Export/Import) can't be converted to code, as part of them is executed within EG and not the workspace server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation