BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aadhya2016
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I just installed SAS Enterprise guide verison 7.12 in my computer. Now i am trying to connect it to the server but I really don't know how too. Can someone please help me with the process?

Thank you

Samrita

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Contact the SAS Admin for the server for instructions.
Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User

This assumes you're not trying to connect to a SQL server but the SAS Server running SAS. 

@Aadhya2016 Basically no. Each installation is customized to your set up. You'll need the server name, path, and you log in credentials. Most likely you'll also need an account set up on the server in the first place. 

Aadhya2016
Calcite | Level 5

This is where i lack understanding. I already have set up my log in credential for Sas enterprise guide. Can you illustrate your ansewer with an example.

Thank you

Aadhya2016
Calcite | Level 5

Here i have attached  the screen shot.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When a freshly installed EG first starts up, it prompts you for the connection profile to the metadata server. Enter the server data and credentials you received from the SAS sever admin.

Aadhya2016
Calcite | Level 5

It woked. Thank you for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation