BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AndrewOS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Is it possible to change the location that the Servers - SASApp - Files folder points to in Enterprise Guide. Currently it is pointing to C:\Users\UserID\Documents\My SAS Files\9.3. I need to change this to F:\Prod\Users\UserID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

First, you need to know where your EG is running from. 1. Remote SAS server or.2  your local pc

Then you need to go to the drive that fires up the SAS session your EG is running from, try to find SASV9.CFG, for example in one of my servers, it locates at "E:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en", your file location could vary depending on your deployment.

On the bottom of this file, locate

-SET MYSASFILES "xxx locatation"

then replace quoted contents with where you want your files folder to be.

In the same file, you can also modify the location of your "Work" and "sasuser" library.

Please note:

1. make a copy of sasv9.cfg before making any changes.

2. You may not have access to this file if you are not SAS admin.

Good Luck,

Haikuo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

First, you need to know where your EG is running from. 1. Remote SAS server or.2  your local pc

Then you need to go to the drive that fires up the SAS session your EG is running from, try to find SASV9.CFG, for example in one of my servers, it locates at "E:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en", your file location could vary depending on your deployment.

On the bottom of this file, locate

then replace quoted contents with where you want your files folder to be.

In the same file, you can also modify the location of your "Work" and "sasuser" library.

Please note:

1. make a copy of sasv9.cfg before making any changes.

2. You may not have access to this file if you are not SAS admin.

Good Luck,

Haikuo

AndrewOS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Haikuo

SAS is running on a server and I wanted to change the locaiton for all users that log on to that server.

I replaced the

with

-SET MYSASFILES "F:\Prod\Users\!Username" so each users directory should be the default.

Thanks

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

I think there may be an option on the appserver in metadata

options-->advanced options->file navigation

Barry

Michael_Scorpio
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Andrew,

Barry is right on the money there.  Angela Hall also blogged about this back in October 2011 with some nice screenshots: Revisiting the starting file location for Enterprise Guide - Real BI for Real Users

Cheers

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation