BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
markjc
Fluorite | Level 6

We recently upgraded to Enterprise Guide 7.15. The output delivery sets the column width to 93 pixels. I have another workstation with SAS EG 7.12 and the column width defaults to 110 pixels. Is there a way to change the default? I didn't see it under Tools > Options. I know the width can be changed manually but my results usually contain a 16 digit account and it would be nice to not have to expand the results every time. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markjc
Fluorite | Level 6

I had seen this posting. My question was how to change the default column width, so every time you open the results view the column are at a set width (not the current default of 93 pixels).  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
markjc
Fluorite | Level 6

I had seen this posting. My question was how to change the default column width, so every time you open the results view the column are at a set width (not the current default of 93 pixels).  

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Sorry, there is not currently a way to change the default width of columns in the EG data grid. We do plan to add this feature in a future release.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

CherylMac
Obsidian | Level 7

This is a big problem for me as well. Even when viewing a few variables I have to stretch out the columns every single time I run the program. When I am writing code and running a small section of the code over and over it really gets old. Please remember to give us some option to deal with this. Thank you.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

@CherylMac, thanks for the additional feedback. We agree, this is painful and needs to be improved.  It is on our roadmap.

Our current thinking is that we will provide an option that let's users control the initial column widths.  The default choice will be "auto-fit", in which EG will automatically set the column widths (up to a maximum size) based on the content (headers and values) in the columns in the initially viewable region.  In other words, EG will attempt to fit the column widths to the content by default.  The second choice will be "fixed width" columns, in which EG will set the initial width of every column to a value that the user specifies.  (Like EG does today, but you will be able to specify the initial size.)  Hopefully the two choices provided with this option will address the pain.  Let us know if there is another solution you would like to see.

For now, the closest you can get is auto-fitting single columns by double-clicking on the separator between column headings, like so...

autofitColumn.gif

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

CherylMac
Obsidian | Level 7

@CaseySmith, Thank you for your response and information about the future update. That sounds like a great solution to the column width issue in SAS EG.

When I first discovered SAS EG and promoted it to my boss (a longtime mainframe SAS user)  he called it "Baby SAS". It's nice to see how the baby has grown. We now use SAS EG exclusively for all our processing work and look forward to new features. Thank you and all who work on developing SAS EG for raising the baby right. Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation