BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

this is a somewhat embarrassing question, but I can't change column width in EG 7.1 (this wasn't the case in EG 6) for several columns.

What works is: 1. select a single column (in the process flow window) > a double headed arrow appears > change the column with of a single column

2. mark several columns > right-click > use "width .. " in the menu-window > change the width of several columns

What doesn't work is: 3. select a couple of columns > the double-headed arrow appears > change the column width of the selected columns (pressing shift or control doesn't change anything) > only the column widht of 1 column changes

Please help 🙂 & Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ah, I see what you mean.  The data grid was re-implemented in EG 7.1.  Some new features were added (such as the Copy with Headers feature), but I guess some behaviors went away (like this one with the width).  For completeness, I'll add an animation of that too:

colwidths61.gif

I'll make sure that @CaseySmith is aware that you've noticed this feature is absent.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Do you mean that you're simply changing the display width (in pixels), like this?  (See this GIF animation.)

colwidths.gif

I find that it works as expected in EG 7.11.  Is this what you're trying to do?

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

I like your animation a lot.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. With EG 6.1 you could select multiple columns and then use the "double headed arrow-symbol with a horizontal line in the middle" to make them slimmer or broader. The curser looked like "<-||->".

I am aware that there is the "Width .." option, but I am used to the mouse version.

In EG 7.1. the cursor looks different I "<-->" am only able to change the width of a single column. (I am sorry, but I find this annoying beyond believe).

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ah, I see what you mean.  The data grid was re-implemented in EG 7.1.  Some new features were added (such as the Copy with Headers feature), but I guess some behaviors went away (like this one with the width).  For completeness, I'll add an animation of that too:

colwidths61.gif

I'll make sure that @CaseySmith is aware that you've noticed this feature is absent.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 in conversation