BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
audioa84
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to change what the default Identifier and Column Name are for computed columns? If I am simply summarizing a column, I tend to like to use the same name as the column I am summarizing. I know this may not be recommended but it looks cleaner in my opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
BobyGadu
Calcite | Level 5

Can you elaborate please if you are looking for

data a;

input a 1.;

cards;

;

run;

proc sql;

create table b as

select sum(a) as a from a;quit ;

audioa84
Calcite | Level 5

When in the query builder function, if you create a new computed column, follow steps 1 and 2 which have you select what type of computed column you want and what the calculation is or what column to summarize/recode, the 3rd screen will ask you what to name the new computed column. The default for Identifier is _Calculation and for Column Name is Calculation. Is there somewhere in the options or anywhere else, where I can tell it to simply use the name of the originating column when the type of column (step 1) is a summarized column?

Computed Column Example.JPG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation