BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to save the log of every run of a process. I know I can use EG's "Export Log as a Step In Project" feature, and I know this will even create timestamped files to avoid overwriting a previously output log. All good so far.

However, if an error occurs in the step that generated the log, EG won't proceed to the export step, so it doesn't export the log. Saving the logs is much more important when errors occur so it is unfortunate that I've managed to get this working in the happy path but not the case where it really matters.

It seems like my current solution would work if I could force EG to continue running a branch of a process flow even in the face of errors. Is this possible?

I've read the thread on log saving which discusses proc printto and other workarounds, but I'm keen to find a solution which is simple and a natural use of the tool.

I am using Enterprise Guide 7.13 on SAS 9.4 on Linux.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm silly. I found the option I'm looking for. In Project properties you can choose Continue Execution on errors. This lets the Export task run even when the previous step error'd.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you are using the EG'S Export Log as a Step In Project feature then on the first screen out 4 you can set a checkmark that will export the log even if the programm itself throws an error.

jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7
@Criptic - that's initially what I thought, but that's not actually what happens. It seems that the export task runs, but it exports a previous version of the log, not the latest one with the errors in it.
jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm silly. I found the option I'm looking for. In Project properties you can choose Continue Execution on errors. This lets the Export task run even when the previous step error'd.
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
That's exactly the check mark I was talking about

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation