BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is is possible to use EG to submit a process to run in the background on the server, i.e. so that I can logoff of Windows on my laptop, and the process will continue to run?
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
No. EG cannot submit a job in batch like this. It is something we are planning for a future release.

Once you disconnect EG from the server, then the SAS workspace will end (once it detects that there is no EG client listening anymore).

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AndrewHowell
You can't manually kick-off an interactive session & then log off.

Your options are:

1. Schedule the EG project - that way you can log off, but you must leave your machine on. The Windows scheduler can log in at a desired time, launch Enterprise Guide & run the project.

2. Export the EG project to SAS code & schedule the code to run on the SAS server. That way you can turn your machine off (assuming the SAS server is on a different machine)

Regards,
Andrew. Message was edited by: Andrew Howell
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
I have tried method #1. I keep getting error #2147944309, which I understand means that my logon/password is being blocked somehow. If I do not logoff, it runs fine. Any ideas? I would like to logoff when I go home and have something scheduled to run. By the way, this is set to run completely on my own PC, which has EG4.2 and SAS9.2 installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation