BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

I find that in EGuide 4.3 in the enhanced editor, program code text looks slightly blurry and black text does not appear black enough. This is using the Default scheme under Appearance tab in Enhanced Editor Options.

The same piece of code in EGuide 4.2 in the same Default scheme appears sharp and easy to read. Comparison was done under the same conditions – same monitor, same Operating System (WinXP SP3 as well as Win7).

Has anyone else noticed it or is it just my eyes?

I've worked around it now by selecting another font, but if it is a common issue to all, would appreciate if the text could be rendered nice and sharp like it was in 4.2

Regards,
Gavin
4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee
We are aware of this .NET/WPF issue. There have been improvements in .NET 4.0 with regards to the text rendering in WPF, however, EG 4.3 was built against .NET 3.5. The next version of EG will take advantage of the improvements.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Is that link internal to SAS?
CaseySmith
SAS Employee
Whoops, sorry! Yes, it is. I'll remove it -- it didn't add a whole lot.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
My favorite font for code editing (in all environments, not just SAS) is Consolas.

http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/11-fuente-de-la-juventud-font-of-youth.html

It works well in the new EG 4.3 editor as well.

I've placed a document that has other optimization tips on our support site. In summary, the advice is:

- Ensure that the device driver for the display adapter on your PC is updated to the most recent version.
- For Remote Desktop users, update the Remote Desktop Client to the most recent version.
- If you have SAS program files that use TAB characters for formatting, replace the TAB characters with spaces.

Here is a link to the document:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/blog/EditorPerformance_SASEG43.pdf

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation