BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AdnanH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using the prompt manager to let the user select a given date. I then take the user input to access files according to the selected date. But the the files are being generated continuously. Instead of going into prompt manager and adding a value manually each time, is there a way to update the prompt values from for an example a sas table?

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

This is not possible in one step. You need to register the dataset with the dates in metadata and change the prompt to access a dynamic list. Unfortunately you can't update that dataset automatically each time a user starts the project(flow), you have to move the update to another program and the user must execute that manually. Or you add the update to the process providing the external files (if possible).

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The prompt manager allows to use dynamic lists for a prompt.

Under "Methods for populating prompt", select "User selects values form a dynamic list". Under Data source, select a dataset (this dataset needs to be registered in metadata).

AdnanH
Calcite | Level 5

Thank for the info. I am quite new to SAS. How do i register the dataset in the metadata?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation