BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I am using SAS EG 7.11 .  I would like to know if the programs I am writing with SAS EG 7.11 are transferable (executable) on a Unix platform or does my programs need to go trough some transformation before.

Regards,

alepage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

sasbatch.sh resides in the Lev1/SASApp/BatchServer subdirectory of your configuration tree and is used to run SAS programs in batch which are developed in the SASApp context. It is a wrapper for the SAS executable that automatically includes the SASApp environment.

I advise to do a google search for sasbatch.sh, and start out by running a few simple programs with sasbatch.sh to get a feel for it.

The Data Step Batch Server defined in SAS metadata also uses sasbatch.sh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Any OS dependent statements or options need to be addressed. Most common are library and filename assignments.

If you use any OS commands such as from the X command or statement, CALL SYSTEM, SYSTASK or  %sysexec then the syntax has to match the operating system executing the commands.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Code you write with EG to run on a UNIX-based workspace server can usually run with the sasbatch.sh of the same Application Server.

EG tasks, not so, as they often interact with the client desktop.

If, OTOH, you used EG up to now with the Local server, you have some work to do where your current code interacts with the Windows platform.

You might also run into issues caused by different codepages, or problems with UTF/non-UTF environments.

alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello Kurt,

Could you please provide me more information on sasbatch.sh ?  Do you know good pdf document where this situation is well explained?

Regards,

alepage

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

sasbatch.sh resides in the Lev1/SASApp/BatchServer subdirectory of your configuration tree and is used to run SAS programs in batch which are developed in the SASApp context. It is a wrapper for the SAS executable that automatically includes the SASApp environment.

I advise to do a google search for sasbatch.sh, and start out by running a few simple programs with sasbatch.sh to get a feel for it.

The Data Step Batch Server defined in SAS metadata also uses sasbatch.sh.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation