BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noobs
Calcite | Level 5

Hello EG Users,

As I understand, it is possible to accept input from user by means of Prompts in Enterprise Guide and use it as dynamic variable in queries to pull only relevant data.

Once the output is ready and charts are designed, if Analyst wants to add comments to the chart, is it doable? Is there a way to give analyst prompt so that their insights can be embedded in the final report? What I am looking for is simple text field that accepts text from analyst and embeds it in the report. In summary, final report is hybrid version of what the numbers tell the story as well as additional findings from wealth of experience that analyst has accumulated over several years?

Thank You,

Dhanashree

6 REPLIES 6
DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you define a text prompt (say pComment), I believe you can associate that prompt with the code that generates the report and use it as you would a macro variable.

TITLE &pComment;

or some such thing.

noobs
Calcite | Level 5

That sounds like what I might be looking for. Can you please specify where in SAS Enterprise Guide, I will be able to define text prompt?

In the above code, &pComment is expected to contain input that user enters, is that right?

Thanks!

DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you right-click on the node and select properties, you should be able to get to the prompt manager.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

You could also use the ODS TEXT= statement to add notes to output.

noobs
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Fugue,

SO in the statement above if Insight is one of my prompts, then

ODS TEXT=insight

will add notes to output. Is that correct?

ballardw
Super User

The text should be in quotes:

ODS Text='This is the text I want to appear in the output';

If you want a macro variable to resolve the quotes have to be double quotes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation