BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, all, I am using PLS node, but seems it only allows one target (Y response). My model have multiple targets to predict, can this be done using PLS node in SAS miner or I have to look for other approach?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As far as I know, Enterprise Miner allows only a single Y in Partial Least Squares.

You could use PROC PLS in base SAS, which can handle multiple Y; and you can even create a "code node" in Enterprise Miner which calls this PROC PLS code. But I think the subsequent problem would be that all of the model evaluation tools in Enterprise Miner expect a single Y variable (actually, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I have never seen Enterprise Miner examples with more than one Y variable).

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As far as I know, Enterprise Miner allows only a single Y in Partial Least Squares.

You could use PROC PLS in base SAS, which can handle multiple Y; and you can even create a "code node" in Enterprise Miner which calls this PROC PLS code. But I think the subsequent problem would be that all of the model evaluation tools in Enterprise Miner expect a single Y variable (actually, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I have never seen Enterprise Miner examples with more than one Y variable).

--
Paige Miller
Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, I suspect the PLS in enterprise miner would only accept one Y variable.

I will try your adviced SAS codes or using R to do the job. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation