BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, all, I am using PLS node, but seems it only allows one target (Y response). My model have multiple targets to predict, can this be done using PLS node in SAS miner or I have to look for other approach?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As far as I know, Enterprise Miner allows only a single Y in Partial Least Squares.

You could use PROC PLS in base SAS, which can handle multiple Y; and you can even create a "code node" in Enterprise Miner which calls this PROC PLS code. But I think the subsequent problem would be that all of the model evaluation tools in Enterprise Miner expect a single Y variable (actually, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I have never seen Enterprise Miner examples with more than one Y variable).

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As far as I know, Enterprise Miner allows only a single Y in Partial Least Squares.

You could use PROC PLS in base SAS, which can handle multiple Y; and you can even create a "code node" in Enterprise Miner which calls this PROC PLS code. But I think the subsequent problem would be that all of the model evaluation tools in Enterprise Miner expect a single Y variable (actually, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I have never seen Enterprise Miner examples with more than one Y variable).

--
Paige Miller
Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, I suspect the PLS in enterprise miner would only accept one Y variable.

I will try your adviced SAS codes or using R to do the job. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation