BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonesj22
Calcite | Level 5

In Miner, I have three different training data sets (all with the same features) that I am taking specific samples from for undersampling/oversampling purposes. Once I have ran the sample nodes, I append the three different data sets together with the append node to create a new training data set. Similarly, I use the append node on two different validation data sets to create a single new validation set. I would like to run a decision tree model using the new training and validation data sets. However, when I try running the decision tree node, I get a run time error. I am also getting a runtime error when trying to run a stat explore node. I have checked to see if my two datasets are free of issues, and they are. For the decision tree node, I am getting system error -S-, and for the stat explore node I am getting system error 3000. Am I using the append node improperly? Below is an image of my process flow.

Miner_error.png

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Your diagram looks fine to me assuming you have all of your data roles set correctly... If you open the SAS log from the results of either of the failing nodes (open the node's Results, go to View>SAS Results>Log), do you see any more informative error messages?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation