BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Danielmastah
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello. My name is Daniel and I am using I am using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.1 for my master's thesis. I am pretty new to this software but I really like it and find it perfect as a tool to enhance my master's thesis.

I have a problem with using a trained model for prediction on created on my own dataset.
I attach a view of my Diagram which I am using. The model is extremaly simplified and is created just for learning how to make prediction on data by using trained model.

Short explaination of my datasets:
"KROTKI" - dataset which I am using for training model. It consists of 2 Columns: 

Hand - nominal variable used for prediction.

Result - continuous variable (target)

"TEST" - dataset which I am using to make prediction on. It consist of 1 Column: Hand.

I imported dataset "KROTKI" as a training data (set result as a target), and dataset "TEST" as a score. I changed score node option "a type of scored data" to data.

Almost everything seems to be working fine, I checked the results of my HP Tree model, the tree was correctly build.

I want to see the predicted value of "Result" variable (this is the target variable in model) for each observation of my TEST dataset. I feel like SAS does not return that. When I click on exported data for my score point I receive (attached as a screen) a window that informs that any kind of this data does not exist. 

How can I receive a dataset which will contain the prognosed target variable for my SCORE data (dataset TEST)?

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Danielmastah
Fluorite | Level 6

Problem is solved. The solution was reinstalling whole SAS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

In the Input Data node you have for your TEST data, do you have the Role of the data to be Score?  This indicates that this is data that doesn't have the target in it, and is what you should be using. If you do already have that set, then I will probably have some other follow-up questions, but thought I'd check that first.

Danielmastah
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much for quick answer.

Yes, I have set TEST's data role to be score (I attach a screen, in polish it is "wynik punktowy").
According to second part of your answer - yes, the dataset TEST does not contain target. It contains only variable Hand. I also attach a screen of head of dataset TEST and KROTKI.

Thank you very much for help!

Danielmastah
Fluorite | Level 6

I want to refresh this topic.

My problem is still not solved and time is playing a very important role because I have less than 1 month for preparing my master's thesis.

I beg for help. Thank you

Danielmastah
Fluorite | Level 6

Problem is solved. The solution was reinstalling whole SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation