BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there's a list of available datasets on SAS Drive (SAS Viya for Learners). I would like to add a new dataset and build a decision tree on it. I know how to create the decision tree but don't know how to upload the data. I've attached the dataset below. I appreciate any assistance!

10 REPLIES 10
osmangoktepe
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, please follow the detailed instructions provided in the link below.

https://vfe.sas.com/lti/docs/KB%20article_VFL%20Individual%20Data%20Upload.pdf 

bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5
It gave me an error when I tried to upload the file. It said to make sure I have access to the file and that it's in the correct location.
bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5

This is the exact error:

Error uploading file "cali_housing.csv". Please make sure that the file is available and you have permission to upload to the target location.

Reeza
Super User
Where are you trying to upload the file to? Can you share a screenshot?
bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5

Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 10.39.20 AM.png

Reeza
Super User
Click on home, create a new folder there and if you can do it there, then save the work in that folder. If you cannot save it there, try under Courses.
bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5
Both options resulted in the same error
Reeza
Super User
Looks like casuser is the only one you can save files to, my error.

So you're saying you get the error when you have clicked on casuser and then the upload from there?
bekelee1
Calcite | Level 5
Yes that's when I get the error
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

How do you access SAS Viya for Learners (VFL)?

Via vle.sas.com/vfl or another method?

Currently there is an issue with data upload on some of the servers from the VFL environments. The vle.sas.com/vfl homepage has the following indication:

If you are having difficulty accessing or uploading data in SAS Studio in SAS Viya for Learners, we apologize for the inconvenience. The SAS VFL team is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

The regularly scheduled maintenance of SAS Viya for Learners that occurs every 3rd weekend of the month will be extended this weekend from Friday (October 20th) at 5pm EDT until Monday (October 23rd) at 9pm EDT while we apply more extensive systems-wide enhancements that will affect all SAS Viya for Learners environments. SAS Viya for Learners will be unavailable during this period.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation