BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
daoud_028
Fluorite | Level 6

i have installed sas university edition. am using python notebook please let me know how to install python package . notebook showing environment error :[error 13] permission denied.

PFA

daoud_028_1-1597739740288.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @daoud_028,

As per this blog post, only certain Python modules are available for use when using the Python kernel in SAS University Edition.  SAS University Edition does include over 300 Python modules, but because SAS UE is packaged in a virtual machine that cannot altered, unfortunately you cannot install additional modules.  

To see a complete list of the Python modules available in SAS UE, run the following code:

help('modules')

from within a Python notebook.

Hopefully this helps!

-Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @daoud_028,

As per this blog post, only certain Python modules are available for use when using the Python kernel in SAS University Edition.  SAS University Edition does include over 300 Python modules, but because SAS UE is packaged in a virtual machine that cannot altered, unfortunately you cannot install additional modules.  

To see a complete list of the Python modules available in SAS UE, run the following code:

help('modules')

from within a Python notebook.

Hopefully this helps!

-Brian

daoud_028
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your quick response.

can we connect python machine code on SAS? if yes please share with me.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation