BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lobbie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I ran the following logistic regression for binary classification,

ods graphics on;
proc logistic 
Data = work.mdl_base_train_trnf 
outmodel=work.mymodel 
outest=work.mdl_betas 
descending namelen=32;
class &class_var. / param=ref;
model responder = &class_var. &num_var. / lackfit ctable pprob=0.5;
score data=work.mdl_base_train_trnf fitstat out=work.trainpred outroc=work.troc;
score data=work.mdl_base_validate_trnf fitstat out=work.validpred outroc=work.vroc;
score data=work.mdl_base_osd_trnf fitstat out=work.osdpred outroc=work.oroc;
roc;
run;
ods graphics off;

In the output work.trainpred, there are the following fields (I have excluded other fields),

ID	Responder	F_Responder	I_Responder	P_1	P_0
1	1	1	1	0.665672289	0.334327711
2	1	1	1	0.997408099	0.002591901
3	1	1	1	0.855185865	0.144814135
4	0	0	0	0.000237562	0.999762438
5	0	0	0	0.000191220	0.999808780
6	1	1	1	0.857405743	0.142594257
7	1	1	1	0.987851783	0.012148217

What do the fields F_Responder, I_Responder, P_1 and P_0 mean?  If I want to know what did the model predict i.e. 1 or 0 and what are the probabilities, which fields do I use?

Thanks,

Lobbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CatTruxillo
SAS Employee

Just expanding the answer a little more--

I_target-name and F_target-name are automatically created classification variables. I_ is for "Into" which means that, given a classification cutoff of .5 by default, this column contains the predicted class level of the target variable. 

Your target is RESPONDER, so I_RESPONDER is the level of RESPONDER that the observation is classified into, based on the model.

I know from your output that RESPONDER is coded as 0 and 1, and I am guessing that 1 is the event level. Look at your P_1 values- that is the predicted probability that an observation is a 1. All the cases where P_1 >.5 are I_RESPONDER=1. 

F_ stands for "From" and when RESPONDER is coded the way you have it, F_RESPONDER matches the actual variable values of RESPONDER.  

I hope this helps!

Cat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User
"What do the fields F_Responder, I_Responder, P_1 and P_0 mean? "

F_Responder, I_Responder should be CLASS variable in " &class_var.",
P_1 stands for predict probability of "responder=1" . Therefore, P_1 + P_0 =1
CatTruxillo
SAS Employee

Just expanding the answer a little more--

I_target-name and F_target-name are automatically created classification variables. I_ is for "Into" which means that, given a classification cutoff of .5 by default, this column contains the predicted class level of the target variable. 

Your target is RESPONDER, so I_RESPONDER is the level of RESPONDER that the observation is classified into, based on the model.

I know from your output that RESPONDER is coded as 0 and 1, and I am guessing that 1 is the event level. Look at your P_1 values- that is the predicted probability that an observation is a 1. All the cases where P_1 >.5 are I_RESPONDER=1. 

F_ stands for "From" and when RESPONDER is coded the way you have it, F_RESPONDER matches the actual variable values of RESPONDER.  

I hope this helps!

Cat

Lobbie
Obsidian | Level 7

@CatTruxillo and @Ksharp , thank you both very much for your answers, and Cat's answer is most comprehensive. 

I did a check earlier and found that F_Responder is the Actuals and I_Responder is the Predictions.  Running Proc Freq with F_Responder * I_Responder means I can create the confusion matrix.

All good and great stuff!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation