BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DarioM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am making various models for rare target data. I have made log. Regression, regression, ensemble, and gradient boosting. When I model compare, I find different chosen models for different “selection statistic” metrics.

I am wondering, how do I check my models final variables it selected?  How do I find the feature importance chart of any kind?

Also, I am wanting to use random forest model as well, but I get an error when I use 20 samples, apply LARS and partition the data, not sure what the step before the Forest node is (because the old version of miner had a node for this but I am using 14.2 and it does not exist), so I get an error when trying to run the forest. It says “must use at least one input or rejected variable”, and I am not sure how to fix this and get the forest to run.   Below is an image of my forest models flow. 

Thanks.

DarioM_0-1657816275685.png

1 REPLY 1
GuyTreepwood
Obsidian | Level 7

Re: feature selections....Did you check the results of the model nodes that you ran? You should be able to see which variables were used/selected for that specific node. Regarding feature importance, I believe the tree-based model nodes have importance stats when you open the results screens. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation