BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DarioM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am making various models for rare target data. I have made log. Regression, regression, ensemble, and gradient boosting. When I model compare, I find different chosen models for different “selection statistic” metrics.

I am wondering, how do I check my models final variables it selected?  How do I find the feature importance chart of any kind?

Also, I am wanting to use random forest model as well, but I get an error when I use 20 samples, apply LARS and partition the data, not sure what the step before the Forest node is (because the old version of miner had a node for this but I am using 14.2 and it does not exist), so I get an error when trying to run the forest. It says “must use at least one input or rejected variable”, and I am not sure how to fix this and get the forest to run.   Below is an image of my forest models flow. 

Thanks.

DarioM_0-1657816275685.png

1 REPLY 1
GuyTreepwood
Obsidian | Level 7

Re: feature selections....Did you check the results of the model nodes that you ran? You should be able to see which variables were used/selected for that specific node. Regarding feature importance, I believe the tree-based model nodes have importance stats when you open the results screens. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation