BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yunfeizhao100
Calcite | Level 5

We are using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.1. I have the below question for SAS Enterprise Miner. I am not sure where to get help, but I want to start from here. If you need more information, please let me know!

I am simply connecting a Data Source node to a  Decision Tree node. When I create the data source, I set it up to not to create a sample and the data role is RAW. When I set up Decision Tree node, I use everything by default, except that for Interactive part, I set up by None for sample part. I click RUN, the results show that only a sample was used for the Decision Tree node (see the log below, 2328740 out of 3195296 training cases are shown in the root node). Then I open the Interactive Tree, it shows the same, only part of the records are used in the root node, not all the records. I am not sure why only part of the records are being used for the Decision Tree node. Is this because of some sort of memory limitation, or the Data Source or Decision Tree node property settings that I am not aware of? Thanks you for sharing your thoughts.

NOTE: Deleting WORK.CLASSOUT (memtype=DATA).
NOTE: Deleting WORK.VAROUT (memtype=DATA).

NOTE: PROCEDURE DATASETS used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
user cpu time 0.00 seconds
system cpu time 0.00 seconds
memory 163511.14k
OS Memory 173656.00k
Timestamp 12/26/2019 04:08:59 PM
Step Count 1 Switch Count 0
Page Faults 0
Page Reclaims 6
Page Swaps 0
Voluntary Context Switches 0
Involuntary Context Switches 0
Block Input Operations 0
Block Output Operations 8

NOTE: Data file EZHAO.EZHAO_MAST_EC.DATA is in a format that is native to another host, or the file encoding does not match the session encoding. Cross Environment Data Access will be used, which might require additional CPU resources and might reduce
performance.
NOTE: 3220450 kilobytes of physical memory.
NOTE: Will use 2328740 out of 3195296 training cases.
NOTE: Using memory pool with 1020312576 bytes.

1 REPLY 1
yunfeizhao100
Calcite | Level 5

I googled it online, it seems an option on max no. of observation was available in old releases, but I tried it and it does not resolve above issue in Eminer 14.1 version. Thank you for help!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation