BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yunfeizhao100
Calcite | Level 5

***Question 1, I am building a simple 0/1 binary target decision tree, where 1 is credit default which is a rare event < 5% in data. I do not look at profit or validation or other decision. I simply want to see what input attributes can best split default customers vs non-default customers. How should I set up the property of Decision Tree node? I get confused by a long list of Decision Tree node properties, including subtree property.

***Question 2, I am building a decision tree, where the target is the outstanding balance for a credit card account. I do not look at profit or validation or other decision. I simply want to see what input attributes can best split balance into different levels. How should I set up the property of Decision Tree node?  I get confused by a long list of Decision Tree node properties, including subtree property.

1 REPLY 1
yunfeizhao100
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for responding to above post and helping me out!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation