BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone , I wanted to ask whether we can use proc textmine or cas text mining action set to categorize documents based on custom LITI rules . In the documentation they have provided examples for extracting topic , but I was unable to find anything related to categorization.

Shall be grateful if you can provide links to resources for document categorization using proc textmine or the text mining action set.

3 REPLIES 3
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

You need to use SAS Visual Text Analytics (SVTA) in Viya to develop Category models. If you want to use Action sets, please check this link: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/casvtapg/cas-textruledevelop-compilecategory....

But you need to have license use SVTA. 

kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi , I do not have access to SAS Visual Text Analytics in Viya , so I can only use action sets.
I tried the textruledevelop action set but I was getting an error . The error is very brief and I was unable to solve it . Any idea what's causing the error?

textRule.PNG 

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
Without having SAS VTA licensing, you cannot run SAS VTA action sets.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation