BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone , I wanted to ask whether we can use proc textmine or cas text mining action set to categorize documents based on custom LITI rules . In the documentation they have provided examples for extracting topic , but I was unable to find anything related to categorization.

Shall be grateful if you can provide links to resources for document categorization using proc textmine or the text mining action set.

3 REPLIES 3
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

You need to use SAS Visual Text Analytics (SVTA) in Viya to develop Category models. If you want to use Action sets, please check this link: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/casvtapg/cas-textruledevelop-compilecategory....

But you need to have license use SVTA. 

kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi , I do not have access to SAS Visual Text Analytics in Viya , so I can only use action sets.
I tried the textruledevelop action set but I was getting an error . The error is very brief and I was unable to solve it . Any idea what's causing the error?

textRule.PNG 

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
Without having SAS VTA licensing, you cannot run SAS VTA action sets.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation