BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to help regarding imputation techniques in SAS.
Basically I am working on a project were we have to match survey data with other data on a match key.

The survey has around 33,000 people and we get  a 95% match but we need to impute  the 5 % missing. But in the 95% matched we are only interested in around 200 people who have a certain product( as an example, a home Insurance). But in total we need to have 500 people with a home insurance.

The objective is to find lookalike of the 200 (Home insurance customers) matched in the 5% unmatched so we get to 500 . Some have suggested hot decking technique but I would like to know if there is a better technique for this (in SAS).

Not sure if it makes sense , if not please let me know and I will clarify

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watts
SAS Employee

PROC SURVEYIMPUTE provides several imputation methods for handling missing values in survey data -- including some traditional hot-deck imputation methods and a fractional hot-deck method. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watts
SAS Employee

PROC SURVEYIMPUTE provides several imputation methods for handling missing values in survey data -- including some traditional hot-deck imputation methods and a fractional hot-deck method. 

Question
Fluorite | Level 6
Great! Thank you ...I will try it and see how it goes 🙂

Best Wishes

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation