BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to help regarding imputation techniques in SAS.
Basically I am working on a project were we have to match survey data with other data on a match key.

The survey has around 33,000 people and we get  a 95% match but we need to impute  the 5 % missing. But in the 95% matched we are only interested in around 200 people who have a certain product( as an example, a home Insurance). But in total we need to have 500 people with a home insurance.

The objective is to find lookalike of the 200 (Home insurance customers) matched in the 5% unmatched so we get to 500 . Some have suggested hot decking technique but I would like to know if there is a better technique for this (in SAS).

Not sure if it makes sense , if not please let me know and I will clarify

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watts
SAS Employee

PROC SURVEYIMPUTE provides several imputation methods for handling missing values in survey data -- including some traditional hot-deck imputation methods and a fractional hot-deck method. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watts
SAS Employee

PROC SURVEYIMPUTE provides several imputation methods for handling missing values in survey data -- including some traditional hot-deck imputation methods and a fractional hot-deck method. 

Question
Fluorite | Level 6
Great! Thank you ...I will try it and see how it goes 🙂

Best Wishes

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation