BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EC27556
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I have 100 datasets that I am looking to import into EMiner; they all have exactly the same variables. Is there any way of not having to manually correct the variable types every time I create a new data source in EMiner? I.e. when I create a data source I have to correct some variable types to be binary or nominal etc. instead of what they are set as by default by EMiner. Is this something I can change somehow in EGuide before I import into eminer? Or is there a shortcut to do this in EMiner? Or am I stuck manually having to change every variable?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Or am I stuck manually having to change every variable?

Certainly NOT!

I haven't used Enterprise Miner since the summer of 2017 (using VIYA Model Studio now), but I remember there's Metadata node that can be used to modify attributes (hence modify the metadata).

You can also use a code node, like done here:

SAS® Enterprise Miner™ 14.3 Extension Nodes: Developer’s Guide

Example 1E: Modifying Variables Metadata

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emxndg/14.3/n1t582v60um7p9n1h9d169o0dd8e.htm#p1w9g1nek1qx87n...

Good luck,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation