BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a dataset that when that creates a role of "residual" vs. "input" for several variables when added as a data source in E-miner. I thought it might have to do with the % missing so I choose the Advanced Options and changed the percent missing threshold and ran but it did not change the role to input. How does the "residual" role get determined?  I can manual change them to input but I want to understand if there is an option controlling this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

Almost, the variables start with "RD_". Why is that a specific variable name I shouldn't use? If so what else should not be used?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WendyCzika
SAS Employee
Do the variables marked as Residual start with the prefix "R_" ?
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

Almost, the variables start with "RD_". Why is that a specific variable name I shouldn't use? If so what else should not be used?

kah1
Fluorite | Level 6
I renamed all my variables and not it makes the role ="input". Thanks let me know if I should be aware of any other prefixes I shouldn't use
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

This post gives a list of other variables with reserved names or prefixes in EM: 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Scoring-Series-Part-2-SAS-Enterprise-Miner-Sc...

You can also take a look at this post about global metadata to see how to programmatically change variable roles, levels, etc. instead of manually:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tip-Defining-Global-Metadata-for-SAS-Enterpri...

kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

thank you, makes sense to me now!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation