BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a dataset that when that creates a role of "residual" vs. "input" for several variables when added as a data source in E-miner. I thought it might have to do with the % missing so I choose the Advanced Options and changed the percent missing threshold and ran but it did not change the role to input. How does the "residual" role get determined?  I can manual change them to input but I want to understand if there is an option controlling this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

Almost, the variables start with "RD_". Why is that a specific variable name I shouldn't use? If so what else should not be used?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WendyCzika
SAS Employee
Do the variables marked as Residual start with the prefix "R_" ?
kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

Almost, the variables start with "RD_". Why is that a specific variable name I shouldn't use? If so what else should not be used?

kah1
Fluorite | Level 6
I renamed all my variables and not it makes the role ="input". Thanks let me know if I should be aware of any other prefixes I shouldn't use
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

This post gives a list of other variables with reserved names or prefixes in EM: 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Scoring-Series-Part-2-SAS-Enterprise-Miner-Sc...

You can also take a look at this post about global metadata to see how to programmatically change variable roles, levels, etc. instead of manually:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tip-Defining-Global-Metadata-for-SAS-Enterpri...

kah1
Fluorite | Level 6

thank you, makes sense to me now!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation